For those who may need to view or print a PowerPoint presentation, but don't need the capability to create or edit PowerPoint presentations, Microsoft offers a free PowerPoint viewer.
Links to download viewers for other Office applications can be found at Microsoft Office Converters and Viewers.
Download Size: 2789 KB
Date Published: 2/20/2004
- Windows 2000, Windows 95, Windows 98, or Windows NT
- A personal computer with a 486 or higher processor
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, or 2000 operating system, or Microsoft Windows NT Workstation operating system 3.51 (with Service Pack 5.x or later) or 4.0, or Microsoft Windows ME
- 7 MB of hard disk space (9 MB free for installation only)
- VGA or higher-resolution video adapter
- Microsoft Mouse or compatible pointing device
- Picture bullets
- Automatic numbering
- Animated GIF pictures
- Microsoft Visual Basic® for Applications (VBA) controls
- ActiveX® controls are not supported by the viewer
Download Size: 1911 KB
Date Published: 9/15/2003
Requirements: Windows 2000 Service Pack 3, Windows 98 Second Edition, Windows ME, Windows Server 2003, or Windows XP
Comments: The Microsoft Office PowerPoint 2003 Viewer lets you view full-featured presentations created in PowerPoint 97 and later versions. The PowerPoint 2003 Viewer also supports opening password-protected Microsoft PowerPoint presentations. This viewer doesn't suport the following features:
- Information Rights Management (IRM) presentations.
- Running macros, programs, or opening linked or embedded objects.
If you don't have Service Pack 3 or later on a Windows 2000 system, you should use the PowerPointViewer 97. You can check which service pack you have installed by clicking on Start, Run, and then typing Winmsd. The system summary will show you the OS Name and the Version. If you don't see Service Pack 3 or later listed next to the version for a Windows 2000 system, then use the earlier PowerPoint viewer.