PayPal Phishing Page at Hong Kong University Removed
When I checked agin, I found the PayPal phishing page that was located
on a webserver at the Hong Kong Polytechnic University this weekend was
Adding an Account to the Administrator Group
Sometimes you may need to add an account to the Administrator group
temporarily to install software that otherwise won't run from a
normal users account. Perhaps the software can be made to run if
you can determine all of the files and registry keys it needs to
access and provide the appropriate permissions on those, but
sometimes the most reasonable course is just to reinstall the software
from a user account after adding the user to the administrator group
temporarily and then remove the user account afterwards.
To do so on Windows XP system, e.g a Windows XP Home or Media Center
Edition system, take the following steps:
- Log into the system as the administrator.
- Click on Start.
- Click on Control Panel.
- Double-click on User Accounts.
- Double-click on the account to which you wish to grant administrator
- Click on Change the account type.
- Change the account type from Limited to Computer
- Click on the Change Account Type button.
- Logoff as administrator and logon under the user account.
You can then follow the same procedure after you have installed the
software to change the account type back to Limited.