To enable SSH on a Juniper NetScreen firewall through its web interface, take the following steps:
- Click on Configuration.
- Click on Admin.
- Click on Management.
- Check the box next to Enable SSH (V2).
- If you wish to change the port from the default value of 22, put in the value you wish to use in the Port field.
- If you also wish to enable Secure Copy (SCP), check the box next to Enable SCP.
- Click on the Apply button.
The above steps will allow access from the "trust" side of the firewall, e.g. the Local Area Network (LAN) behind the firewall. If you want to permit access from the "untrust" side, i.e. from the outside interface of the firewall, you will have to take additional steps.
To permit access from the "unstrust" side using the web interface to the firewall, take the following steps.
- Click on Network.
- Click on Interfaces.
- Click on the Edit link for the "untrust" zone.
- Under Service Options, check SSH.
- Click on OK.