Note: these instructions were written for Simple Machines Forum (SMF) 1.1.11
To redirect users to a specific webpage that you have created when they login or logout of Simple Machines Forum (SMF), you can use the Redirect on Login and/or Logout mod. Download the RedirectLoginLogout zip file (the latest version as of 2010-06-20 is 0.4), which contains the following files:
package-info.xml readme.txt install.xml install2.xml
To install the package you downloaded, while logged into SMF under an adminisrator account, take the following steps:
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Under the Main section on the left of the page, click on Packages.
- When you see the password prompt, enter the password for the administrator account you are using and then click on the Login button.
- Click on the Download Packages tab.
- If you downloaded the package to your local system, click on the Browse button under Upload a Package.
- Find the zip file of the mod you downloaded and select it, then click on the Upload button. You should see a Package uploaded successfully message with "Redirect on Login and/or Logout mod" listed. That indicates the zip file was placed in the forum's Packages directory on the server.
- Now click on the Browse Packages tab. Under Modification Packages, you should see "Redirect on Long and/or Logout mod" listed.
- Click on Apply Mod.
- If you are prompted for FTP information for the account on the server where you have SMF installed, complete the form with username and password.
- If you saw the prompt mentioned in the step above, you may need to click on
the Proceed button. If you see "550 Failed to change
directory", then the correct directory for SMF couldn't be located. You
may need to put in the complete path to the directory where SMF is located,
/home/jdoe/www/hvia/forum. When the mod has been put in the correct location, you should see the Installation Readme displayed.
- You now need to install the mod by clicking on the Install Now button beneath Install Actions. You should see a message stating "The package was installed successfully. You should now be able to use whatever functionality it adds or changes; or not be able to use functionality it removes.
- Click on the Admin tab.
- Click on Features and Options under Configuration.
- Under Basic Features, you should see an Enable Login Redirect section, which will have an "Enter Login URL" and "Enter Logout URL" within it. Enter the URLs for the pages to which you wish to redirect users on Login/Logout and check the Enable Logon Redirect and Enable Logout Redirect boxes as desired.
- Click on the Save button.