Someone reported to me that when she attempted to connect to the WiFi service at her office that she received the message below on her phone:
WEP is not considered secure.
If this is your Wi-Fi network, configure the router to use WPA2 Personal (AES) security type.
When I checked the Verizon-provided router providing the wireless service at her office, I found it was an ActionTec MI424WR-GEN2 router. To change the wireless security on that router from WEP to WPA2 take the following steps.
- Log into the router and, from the main menu, click on Wireless Settings.
- Click on Advanced Security Settings.
- From the Advanced Security Settings menu, select WPA2 (An enhanced version of WPA providing stronger security settings.
- At the WPA2 window, type a key, which is akin to a password, in the Pre-Shared Key field and click on the Apply button.
- When you click on Wireles Settings again from the top menu bar, you should then see the key you provided in the WPA2 line.
[ More Info ]