Configuring Firefox 2.0 to use an SSH SOCKS Proxy Server
You can configure the Firefox 2.0 browser to use a SOCKS proxy server by the
which has been set up via SSH with the following steps:
- Click on Edit.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on Advanced at the top of the window.
- Click on the Settings button.
- Select Manual Proxy Configuration.
- Type 127.0.0.1, which is the "loopback" address for your
client system, in the SOCKS Host field.
- Put the port number you selected in the Port field, e.g. 1080,
if that is the port you selected.
- Specify the Socks v5 protocol.
- Remove everything from the No Proxy for field so that it is blank.
- Click on OK.
- Click on Close to close the Firefox Preferences window.
Return to Creating a Socks Proxy
Server with SSH