Configuring IE 6 to use an SSH SOCKS Proxy Server
You can configure the Internet Explorer browser to use a SOCKS proxy server
set up via an SSH connection by the following steps:
- Click on Tools.
- Select Internet Options.
- Click on LAN Settings.
- Click on "Use a proxy server for your LAN (These settings will not
apply to dial-up or VPN connections)."
- Click on the Advanced button.
- Use the same proxy server for all protocols should be
- Type 127.0.0.1, which is the "loopback" address for your
client system, in the SOCKS field.
- Put the port number you selected in the Port field, e.g. 1080,
if that is the port you selected.
- Click on OK.
- Click on OK again.
- Cick on OK again on the Internet Options window.
Return to Creating a Socks Proxy
Server with SSH
Created: November 28, 2006