Configuring Mozilla 1.7 to use an SSH SOCKS Proxy Server
You can configure the Mozilla browser to use a SOCKS proxy server by the
which has been set up via SSH with the following steps:
- Click on Edit.
- Select Preferences.
- Click on the "+" next to Advanced under Category to
- Click on Proxies.
- Select Manual Proxy Configuration.
- Type 127.0.0.1, which is the "loopback" address for your
client system, in the SOCKS Host field.
- Put the port number you selected in the Port field, e.g. 1080,
if that is the port you selected.
- Specify the Socks v4 protocol.
- In the No Proxy for field, you can leave localhost,
but you must remove the comma after it and the 127.0.0.1. You can
actually remove everything from that field, if you wish, but you must remove
the 127.0.0.1, since you are establishing the proxy connection through
- Click on OK.
Return to Creating a Socks Proxy
Server with SSH