If you wish to add a logo or other image at the top of Simple Machines Forum (SMF) 2.0 sites, you can do so easily by taking the following steps.
- Place the image on the server hosting your forum.
- Log into the forum using an administrator account.
- Under Admin, select Features and Options.
- Select Current Theme from the Configuration drop-down menu you will see when you click on Configuration.
- In the Logo image URL field, put the location of the
graphics file you placed on the server. E.g., if the image was in a
directory named "graphics" that was one level up from the forum directory
itself, you could use something similar to
../graphics/logo.png. Or you can use a URL, e.g.,
- Click on the Save button.
The image should then appear in the upper left-hand corner of forum pages. Clicking on it from somewhere within the forum should return a visitor to the forum's home page.