For BlackBerry Desktop Manager 4.2.2 (Apr 26 2007), take the steps below. For BlackBerry Desktop Manager Version 126.96.36.199 (Apr 27 2005), see Creating an Email Filter for a Blackberry.
- Open the BlackBerry Desktop Manager.
- Double-click on Email Settings.
- Click on the Filters tab.
- Click on the New button.
- At the Add Filter window type whatever name you wish to
use for the filter in the Filter Name field.
- You can filter on the "from", "sent to", "subject", and "body" fields.
If you did not want to forward messages from a particular email address, you would check the From checkbox. If you didn't want to forward messages from multiple senders, you could put all of their email addresses in the From field, separating the addresses by semicolons. You can also use an asterisk as a wildcard to block multiple sending addresses. For instance if you wanted to block all email from xyzcorp.com senders, you could put *@xyzcorp.com in the From field.
- Check the "Don't forward message to the device" checkbox.
- Click on OK.
- Click on OK again at the Email Settings window.